The Medevac Litter is the most widely used helicopter rescue litter in both civilian and military operations worldwide. The Medevac II is a modern Stokes-type litter constructed for long life in the marine environment and is available in two models; a rigid frame (Medevac II) or break-apart frame (Medevac IIA).
The Break-Apart model occupies approximately half the stowage space of rigid litters. Screw-couplers with self-aligning pins secure the top tubes firmly together, and the lower skid tubes attach with hook and pin-type fittings permitting quick assembly. Both top tube and skid couplers are cast or machined from solid stainless steel. This coupler system is the strongest in use on any stretcher today. When assembled, the Medevac IIA Break-Apart is as robust as the rigid Medevac II, proof load tested to 2,600 lbs with no yield.
The lightweight Titanium Medevac IIA model share the same design as the stainless steel models, but are fabricated from aerospace ASTM Grade 9 (TI-3AL-2.5V) titanium tubing and components. Use of titanium provides a 40% reduction in frame weight, increased mechanical strength properties, and improved corrosion resistance compared to standard steel and stainless steel litters.
- Approved for US Military and NATO use
- Break-apart design provides for compact stowage in SAR aircraft and vehicles
- Exceeds 2,500 lbs load test requirement for MIL-SPEC litters
- Lightweight Titanium tubular construction
- Available in Stainless Steel
- Includes Narrow Flotation Kit
- Corrosion resistant - designed for the marine environment
- Color-coded patient restraint straps with quick release buckles
- Hoistable with horizontal hoisting slings, sold separately
Stainless steel litter at 34 lbs (45 lbs with flotation)
Titanium litter at 22 lbs (33 lbs with flotation)
24" W x 7" D x 84" L (43" L stowed)
24" W x 7" D x 78" L (40" L stowed)