Gunner belts, also known as monkey belts or body positioning systems, are designed to keep the user secured inside the helicopter during open door operations.
Lite Flite gunner belts come in multiple configurations, all built from the same basic construction. A wide, reinforced lumbar support with fixed lanyard or a tang/d-ring combination for attaching a removable lanyard. The lanyard is equipped with a length adjuster that does not loosen due to vibrations and wind blast. For added security, the adjustable front piece can be equipped with dual click lock buckles..
Lite Flite gunner belts and lanyards are tested and type certified according to European Council directive 89/686 in conformance with European norm EN358:2000.
- Waist width adjustable 70-140 cm
- One or two click-lock buckle closure
- Fixed or removable adjustable lanyard
- Low profile karabiner fits most hard points
- Breaking strength > 15 kN
- Max. user weight 150 kg
- MIL-W-4088 webbing type IX, breaking strength > 7000 lbs
- MIL-W-4088 webbing type VII, breaking strength > 6000 lbs
- Hardware made of corrosion treated stainless steel and sea water resistant, anodized 6082 aluminium
- Recommended life time: 5 years from initial use
- Annual maintenance: Inspection and certification
- Daily maintenance: Flush with cold tap water