The Armoured Aircrew Life Preserver has optional integrated armour protection and is designed to the highest UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) specifications. Meeting the needs of both front crew (MK61, MK65) and rear crew (MK60) within non-fast-jet fixed and rotary wing aircraft, Survitec's Armoured Aircrew Life Preserver incorporates unique design and advanced technology. A fully integrated product, it couples marine survival flotation with complete armoured torso protection and is intended for use by international defence organisations and national MODs.
The Armoured Aircrew Life Preserver offers protection for aircrew deployed in hostile environments, without compromising comfort, movement or survival equipment storage, making it the ultimate defence under fire.
Fully integrated and sanctioned for use on attack helicopters including Chinook, Apache, Lynx and Puma , the Armoured Aircrew Life Preserver has been successfully certified and approved by over twenty international air forces. It is currently undergoing several further international trials.
- Unique design to reduce weight burden without compromising inflight operation
- Reduced snagging potential
- Single buoyancy chamber
- Single layer floor
- Single layer, full-body, high-visibility protective canopy
- Low-profile inflation system
Available colour: Disruptive pattern material (DPM) - sage green or desert
Operational temperature range (°C): -20 to +70
Buoyancy rating: 150N buoyancy high-visibility stole. (Optional 275N buoyancy)
Freeboard: 100mm minimum (calm water conditions)
Self-righting (seconds): 5 (all water conditions)
Approximate weight (kg): 2
Inflation mechanisms: Manual inflation with oral top-up; light and battery facility
- Anatomically designed hard armoured - ceramic plates or high modulus polyethylene (HMPE)
- Can be coupled with soft Kevlar armoured protection
- Armoured plates slot into front and rear pockets