Reduces Noise Exposure to Minimal Levels. Developed by the U.S. Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory at Fort Rucker, Alabama.
CEP hearing protection includes a miniature transducer and foam earplug that are coupled in a unique arrangement to yield a light weight, high quality communications device that can be used alone or in combination with active earplugs with speakers.
Combining the foam earplug and the sound transducer into a single unit results in a simple but effective approach to providing the user with excellent sound attenuation and unparalleled speech intelligibility. The foam tip is attached to the transducer using a threaded hollow tube. This provides a pathway that allows sound to travel from the transducer, unimpeded, into the occluded ear canal. Used ear tips are easily replaced because of the threaded design. Foam ear tips are available in three sizes. The noise reduction of the foam ear tips coupled with exceptional quality speech signals enable the user to achieve extremely high speech intelligibility in the noisiest environments.
Custom molded hearing protection eartips are molded from an impression taken directly from your ear. Because your ears are unique, only custom-made hearing protection can provide repeated perfect fit and effectiveness. The integration of electronics into custom-molded earpieces allows users to experience clear audio communications while protecting their ears from damaging noise common in aviation and marine environments.
CME hearing protection earptips are made of high strength silicon, can be engraved and are available in 16 solid colors or any combination of 2 colors to create a swirl effect appropriate for any application.
- Single or Dual Eartip Kits.
- CME requires customer providing a set of ear impressions made by a local hearing aid provider.
- Single CEP Kit includes helmet interface harness, single earphone cable, one (1) red or blue mini ear tip & carrying case.
- Dual CEP Kit includes helmet interface harness, dual earphone cables, 1 pair (2) of red and blue mini ear tips & carrying case.
- Single CME Kit includes helmet interface harness, single earphone cable with custom molded earpiece (1) & carrying case.
- Dual CME Kit includes helmet interface harness, dual earphone cables with custom molded earpiece (pair) & carrying case.
- CME available in 16 solid or swirl effect colors. You can engrave your eartips with up to 10 alpha and/or numeric characters at no extra charge.
Specify solid or swirl effect, color choices and engraving for each eartip when ordering.