The SONICS Bio-Shell is a CBRN protective suit consisting of a unique slim, lightweight fabric that allows for significant weight/bulk reduction and enhanced CBRN protection.
Leveraging GORE® CPCSU-2 Flex Fit technology, the Bio-Shell represents a step change in CBRN protection, with up to 50% reduction in weight compared to traditional carbon based protective clothing.
The Bio-Shell also features a number of integrated stretch panels incorporated in key areas to facilitate improved mobility, ensuring its wearer can complete operational tasks such as evasion, combat manoeuvres, operating a vehicle or aircraft and first responder recovery duties.
The Bio-Shell includes a separable outer garment that can be customised to any military or organisation’s pattern/ colour preference.
- Protection after exposure to wet sweat
- Protection against wind driven sand/rotorwash
- Protection against liquid penetration even with pressure
- Protection after exposure to Battle Field Contaminates (BFC's) like petroleum, oils or lubricants
- Protection against a broad range of Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TIC's)
- Protection against non-traditional agents (NTA's)
- Protection against blood bourne pathogens such as Ebola and HIV
- Maintain protection even after being removed from storage bag
- Laundering ability
- Decontamination ability
Weight: 50 % lighter than traditional carbon based protective clothing
The complete system:
- The improved protection hood
- SONICS over glove
- SONICS over boot